Training and workshops
We regularly run training sessions and workshops about child feeding. We run these for parents/caregivers, health professionals, and childcare staff.
Recent workshops have included:
- Feeding Children Well: Introducing new foods and establishing healthy eating behaviours in toddlers - a workshop for parents/caregivers as part of 'Parent and Baby Fest' at JW3 in London.
- Tips and Tools for Child Feeding - a half-day workshop for health professionals at Loughborough University.
- Fostering Positive Relationships with Food - a workshop delivered for childcare professionals at Childcare Expo 2015, London.
Examples of feedback from childcare staff who've attended our workshops:
- "I feel I can take back what I have learnt today and use this within my setting."
- "I really enjoyed the whole experience. Very good overall. Good training, presented in a good way."
- "I found all of the course useful."
- "All of it was very interesting. Good useful tips."
Examples of feedback from health professionals who've attended our workshops:
- "I will be better able to explain to parents the psychology of food refusal and therefore more able to support them in encouraging healthy eating."
- "I enjoyed looking in more detail at the information I have seen on the website and having the opportunity to discuss it with others."
- "I liked learning simple messages for parents - i.e. exposure, familiarity, fear, acceptance, liking."
- "It was good to learn the psychology behind theories."
- "The best bit was the strategies to manage/prevent fussy eating/eating problems."
- "It will certainly enhance the information we share with parents at the moment."
- "Credible app and point of reference for parents"
- "I feel more knowledgeable about the research behind why fussiness develops."
- "The app and booklet are an invaluable resource - will definitely use."
- "I would recommend the course especially to new staff members as this is very good course covering all the basics of fussy eating."
- "Excellent session. Very relevant to my practice."
We will post details of forthcoming workshops on this webpage. For more information about our workshops, or if you would like details of our tailored workshops, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel. 01509 228160.